Let us take you where no one else can.
A Wildlands Airboat Safari is a truly unique, exclusive experience which takes you where no one else can go. Travel through the seemingly endless floodplains of the Mary River Wetlands system spotting crocodiles and countless birds on one of our amazing airboats. This tour is for the adventurer, the person who wants to see Australia and travel off the beaten track.
Departs: Daily 7:45am, 9:15am, 10:30am, 2pm, 3:15pm, 5:15pm from Corroboree Billabong.
Duration: 45 minutes
Book a Wildlands Airboat Safari online today!
Or call us on +61 455 515 313 and quote the tour code A01.
You will see
- Corroboree Billabong
- The Mary River Wetlands
- The world’s highest natural population of Saltwater Crocodiles
- 280 bird species – including jabiru, brolgas, kingfishers, magpie geese, jacanas, sea eagles and kites
- Vast stands of lotus flowers
- 45 minute exhilarating airboat ride
- Access to private areas of the Mary River floodplains
- Experienced guides
- Expert commentary on your surroundings
What to bring:
- Comfortable shoes for walking in
- Hat, sunscreen, sunglasses
- Water bottle that holds at least 1L of water
- Light jacket in the cooler months (June-August)
Wildlands Airboat Safari Itinerary
15 minutes pre-departure – Arrive at Corroboree Billabong. We suggest you allow some time to stretch your legs and visit the bathroom before boarding the airboat as there are no toilet facilities on board.
Departure – The Airboat Safari departs from the Wildlands Wetlands Safari pontoon for a 45 minute adventure on the Corroboree Billabong and Mary River floodplains. Your highly experienced guide will try and get you up close and personal with some big crocs and take you through areas of the floodplains known to be a favourite with the hundreds of bird species that call the area home. During the cruise, your guide will take you out onto a privately owned area of the Mary River wetland system – the only way to access this part of the world is by airboat and Wildlands are the only airboat company with access to this area.
End of tour – Airboat Safari tour will return to the Wildlands Wetlands Safari pontoon where you can return to Darwin or continue on your way to Kakadu National Park.