Wildlands Wetlands Safari is located just 85 minutes drive from Darwin (half way between Darwin and Kakadu) and is the first accessible point of one of Australia’s largest wetland systems.
To locate us:
- Travel 35km due South out of Darwin, along the Stuart Highway,
- Turn East on to the Arnhem Highway and travel for 55km,
- Turn left on to Corroboree Billabong road, just after the Corroboree Park Tavern,
- Travel due north for 10km on Corroboree Billabong road,
- Turn right and travel the final 10km on a very good dirt road.
If your GPS can’t locate us, set it for the Corroboree Park Tavern, Marrakai, NT, 0822, Australia. The Corroboree Billabong Road turn off is 700m East of Corroboree Park Tavern.
As you arrive at the Corroboree Billabong carpark, we are located to the extreme left corner of the carpark across onto the new cleared parking area. Look for the Wildlands pontoon. Please stay away from the water’s edge.
We recommend you allow approximately 85 minutes travel time, allowing you time to stretch your legs and make a bathroom stop before departure.
The only facilities in the area are public toilets. Unfortunately, there are no food or beverages available for purchase (we do have cups and drinking water on the boat). The nearest point for food and beverages is the Corroboree Park Tavern. We recommend you bring food with you or allow time to purchase food from the tavern before departure.